Monday, July 7, 2008

San Francisco waterfront

Approx 400 miles for the day. 2900 trip.
Pacific Ocean. I was driving when we first saw the Pacific. What a moment of realization that we'd covered a great distance. Wow the Pacific! Here we are!
I took the opportunity to visit one of my Interns, the longest that I've traveled to visit an intern.

We've just finished dinner at Fisherman's Grotto,where I first ate when I was 10. Calamari for Mark and crabcake for Julie. It's very important to eat regional foods when traveling.
Our day is ending with the need to catch the cable car back to our hotel. Tomorrow we'll point north and follow the coast, after verifying that our roads are closed due to wildfires. We've seen haze due to smoke the past few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Really enjoying your postings. Did you pick up any Ghiradelli chocolate or sourdough bread? Safe travels.