Sunday, July 27, 2008

Benz: Didn't I look really good on television tonight, coming down the bridge into Cape Girardeau? Really now, 40 years old isn't very old! I sensed that some people thought maybe this trip was too much of a challenge for a "40 year old" automobile. But I knew that I could go the distance for my good people Julie, Mark, and Bearnadette. When you're in good shape, age isn't such a factor. Gene, then Phyllis, and now Mark and Julie have always taken good care of me and I really wanted to show all of them how much that has always meant to me. We've all done this together and it is wunderbar satisfying to have completed this trip. What's next?! I've heard neat things about the drive to Alaska.

Bearnadette: What a surprise to see myself on the Welcome Home banner! I love it! Thank you so much to all who helped! It was so exciting to arrive home in Missouri and see so many family members and good friends waiting for us at the end of the bridge.

No comments: